Nepali Trek & Retreat including Diwali (2023)
04/11/2023 – 20/11/2023
About Our Trek & Retreat
Our bi-annual trek will be shrouded with celebrations of The Festival of Lights (Diwali). Throughout the trek and retreat you will be embraced by the essence of the Goddess Lakshmi with the cultural expression of devotion through cultural dance and blessings given out from children in traditional dress. You will see the streets lined with rangoli patterns, thousands of small ghee lamps, and candles.
We will start our journey in Kathmandu where we visit the main World Heritage sites of Shiva and Buddha before making our way to Pokhara to embark on our 7-day trek through the Annapurnas.
Each day will include yoga and meditation plus time to reflect on our daily
experiences. Circle sharing and Satsang will be scheduled throughout the retreat. There will also be plenty of free time for exploration and of course, shopping.
Any of our daily excursions within the cities is optional and you can always take extra time for rest without judgement or expectation.
About our Host & Guides
Yoga Sols 2023 Nepali Trek and Retreat will be led by Claire Tierney. Claire has been travelling Nepal regularly for the last 7 years and considers it a home away from home.
Bringing over 30 years’ experience as a yoga/meditation teacher, and massage therapist Claire will guide you through restorative yoga, meditation, and breath work on a daily basis throughout your trek. She has extensive knowledge on the culture and festivals which will be explored through Satsang and Q&A sessions.
Claire’s two decades of experience in dry needling, cupping, and taping will assist you along your trekking route, helping to keep you mobile and pain free. We will be assisted by two local knowledgeable guides, as well as porters to assist us with our necessities on the trek up the mountain.
For a copy of our full Itinerary please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 (4th November)
- Flights leaving Brisbane are usually around 830 am. Usually arrive in Kathmandu around 10.30pm the same day. Check in.
Day 2 (5th November)
- Rest day. Explore Thamel and its abundance of shops and markets.
Day 3 (6th November)
- Visit Boudhanath Stupa, which is the largest Buddhist Stupa in the world.
- Explore the area, and restaurants
Day 4 (7th November)
- Swayambhunath Temple (Money Temple), explore the site and local markets.
Day 5 (8th November)
- Explore Pashupatinah (Shiva Temple)
- HamSa meditation, as well as Satsang.
- Watch the nightly Arti (puja).
Day 6 (9th November)
- Tourist flight over the stunning mountains to Pokhara.
- Evening silent meditation
- Dinner at lakeside restaurant
Day 7 (10th November) – First day of the 5-day festival Diwali (Deepwali)
- Boat ride cross the tranquil lake.
- Mini trek to the World Peace Pagoda and Shiva statue.
- Sound Bath in the Buddhist peace garden.
- Meet your guides for the 7-day trek.
Day 8 (11th November) – Day two of Diwali Festival
- 7-day trek to Khopra begins: Our trekking schedule is subject to change without prior notice due to weather conditions and safety regulations.
- Drive to Kimche then walk to Gandruk.
- Evening Satsang
Want to know more about our Nepali Trek & Retreat?
You can send an email to email@example.com and we will send you a copy of full itinerary which includes the costs and inclusions.
See our FAQ’s about our Yoga Retreats here.